Saturday, January 16, 2010

New additions to v3.5 Volume cutter.

So I have recently added some new things to my current bike and there are some up's and downs to the modifications, but I come to realize I don't really care as long as it works. So I ordered a pair of the custom bmx foot retention straps from Blaq design due to my lack of straps ever since I built the Cutter. I lurked eBay for a nice strong wheel and I bought a close to brand new Salsa Delgado laced with dt swiss spokes to a surly hub, the wheel offers a lightweight but surprisingly strong feel to it, plus you can rock a huge tire on this thing. With that said, Sandy at Conte's hooked me up with a pair of slightly used Ritchey Cyclo X tires 25$ for the pair.

Tire clearance on an MKE fork

(The tire is a 32c but looks larger)

Salsa Delgado wheel along with one of the nice little decals on my fork that Blaq sends with their straps, they shipped 15+ of them.


Last but not least.. the blaq bmx platform straps. I have very mixed feelings about these, yes they look like they are the same quality of Holdfast foot retention, but unfortunately, they are not. They are simple and good for the price, but if stepped on, the strap will flatten and then it's just a hassle from there. But, on the other hand, they keep my feet snug no matter what shoes I'm wearing and pretty easy to eject. These and the Burro platform straps are what's good if you have a tight budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment